Transfer Of Ownership
YouTube channel transfers are done through Google's Transfer of Ownership feature. To sell your YouTube channel through escrow, your channel is required to be a brand account. If your channel is not a brand account, it is a relatively quick process to convert your channel into a brand account. For more information about transferring a YouTube channel view this article from Google's Support.
Escrow Process for YouTube Channels:
- The buyer is required to submit an offer on the Fameswap listing.
- The Seller is required to toggle "Accept Escrow" when creating their listing, and it needs to be over $100.
- The seller will accept the buyer's offer and initiate Escrow by pressing the “Start Escrow” button on the offers page.
- The Buyer and Seller must agree to Fameswap Escrow terms and fees. Once the escrow is in agree status it is against our terms for the Seller to leave the escrow or cancel the deal.
- Next, the Buyer needs to fund the escrow, by sending a Wire Transfer, to our Escrow account.
- Once we receive the Buyers funds, the Escrow is updated into "funded" status and the Seller is notified to send an invite to ownership of the YouTube Channel to Fameswap (To do this the YouTube Channel must be a brand account).
- Fameswap will then verify that this is the correct channel from the listing, and invite the Buyer's preferred Gmail to manage the channel.
- From this point, there is a 7-day waiting period, before YouTube allows us to set the Buyer into Primary Ownership. During this time the Buyer is encouraged to check out the channel and make sure it is what they want but is not allowed to make any changes or upload content.
- Once the 7 days are up, we will set the Buyer into Primary Ownership and the Seller is removed from the channel. The escrow will be changed into "transfer" status at this point. Once the Buyer marks the escrow complete on Fameswap or it autocompletes in 3 days, the Seller will be able to input their payout details.
More info about escrow: https://fameswap.com/page/escrow